"Connecting to Spirit"
January 20-22, 2006
Fairy Stone State Park, Stuart, Virginia
Join Carolina Spirit Quest at the fourth annual - Winter Quest!
So many of us have jobs that don't allow us to listen to the cycles of the
natural world, particularly in the winter when Nature's message is one of rest
and renewal. The purpose of Winter Quest is to listen to the rhythms of Nature
and to do quiet reflective and nurturing rituals and activities. This weekend event, like
last year's, will follow a pattern similar to that of a Spring Quest - but on a
more leisurely pace and scaled back participation. Registration is limited to
When the wheel turns to the chilled short days of winter, it is time for introspection
once again. This January, we will be continuing our process of looking inwards in
the wintertime. The theme for the Winter Quest event is "Connecting to Spirit"
We have lined up a selection of learning circles appropriate for the season
and the spirit of the event:
- Heart Circle - Eric "Fritter" Riley
- Daily Practices to Connect to Spirit: Think, Feel, Act - Gryphon Rosemead
- Express Yourself / Create your own personal journal - Tracy Britto
- Basics of Crochet (in 2 parts) - Cynthia Campbell
- Polarity Therapy: Connecting with Energy - Dick Merritt
- Connecting with Spirit Through Rhythm! - Tigre
- Connecting to Spirit through Chanting - Fire Lily
- Multicultural Connections: A Different Kind of Process - Bob Tuggle
- Hiking in the Winter Landscape on Park Trails - staff
- "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..." - Prayer Beads for Pagans - Becky Starr
- The Magic of Tea - Patricia Duplantis (Teasane)
There will be time to talk or just be alone.
Time for meditation and mindfulness.
Time for drumming and dancing.
Worship - Our Opening Ritual will include the construction of our
Community Altar. The Main Ritual highlights the sharing of ourselves and
our inner spirituality. It will be both meditative and creative in nature. The
Closing Ritual focuses on what we each carry away from our journey.
Housing - The Fairy Stone Lodge and Cabins are heated and
air-conditioned. Linens are provided. Full kitchens and bath facilities are
incorporated in the lodge and each cabin. The lodge is handicapped accessible.
For more information on the Park, please visit the Virginia State Parks website
Food Service - Meals will be planned and ingredients purchased by CSQ staff,
however the preparation of the meals will be split amongst the participants.
It is a fine opportunity to get to know each other better. Both herbivore and omnivore
diets are provided for, as well as other dietary restrictions that are indicated at the time of registration.
Registration - Registration fee will be $94.
Registration forms and details will be available here in October.
A waiting list will be maintained if necessary.
For more information, contact the Director, Dick Merritt, at
For more information about Carolina Spirit Quest, please
To contact the webmaster please email
Last updated 12/12/05